Sunday, February 26, 2006

2006 Olympics - Final Thoughts

The 2006 winter Olympics are here and gone. Although there was a lot of talk about how so many people dislike watching a repeat at night, what else would you have NBC do? Sure, they could show it live and everything you want to watch could not be covered and it would be on at 1pm. I work...do you work? 2010 in Vancouver will be different. Now the 7pm ice skating will be at 9pm and people will holler that it is to late for them. Ick.

I really hope Nike thought there money was well spent on The Bodemeister. What a crock. I have never been skiing a day in my life and I bet I could get drunk, stay out all night, walk a mountain and then fall down it at 70mph. I am thinking that would be easy. Where is my million Nike? Invest in the little guy for once. At least you know what you will get with me.

I enjoyed the ice skating this year (women's, not men's...but really, is there a difference?). I did like watching the individual women's final with Sasha Cohen and Shizuka Arakawa. Shizika really deserved that gold. Sasha falling twice and still getting silver made me wonder. How do they score this stuff?
The only pairs skating I watched was Belbin and Agosto. Tanith...where the heck is she from? She speaks better english than I do. Who cares. She is hot. He looks a little constipated but maybe that's normal?

The made up sport came through for the US again this year. Snowboarding. Ok, it is not as made up as curling but c'mon. The Flying Tomato? This kid is straight off the ZigZag box. Yes, he is good at what he does. There is no doubt about it. The boy can fly. I believe there were a total of 7 medals earned by the US Snowboard Clan (USSC). Good for them. Now they have some money for munchies when they return to their home hill.
Hannah? Whatcha been doing behind the bunny hill? Pass the Fritos.


Here is what I have to say about hockey...

Now the Bi-athletes...they are the mac! They ski like mad, stop, shoot out the equivalent of Bob Costas' eye from some ungodly distance (5 times), if they miss, they ski the naughty track for as many times as they missed, then they continue. I say, hang back until everyone is in front of you, then rifle them all down. You can take your time, miss all the targets you want and coast to the Gold, Silver and Bronze. If they refuse to give the Silver and Bronze to you, then rifle them too. You can rule the Olympics. Get the snowboarding medals while you still have some ammo left.

I do enjoy the Olympics. They are fun to watch and it is fun to root for the home team. These kids spend a lot of time training and they deserve the shot. What I do not understand though is how Germany got more medals than anyone. I don't think NBC covered one event where Germany came out on top. They received all there medals in Biathalon, now I see why they weren't covered. **Snore**

See you in 2010 - Vancouver. Land of the Canuck and home of the "eh".


Vancouver Olympic Home Page.

No comments: