Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Samsung A900 Sprint POWER Vision Cell Phone

Sprint was kind enough to send me an A900 POWER Vision cell phone and from what I have experienced so far...I really enjoy it. Not like I enjoy pickled pigs feet or the occasional raw egg, but more like how I enjoy a good sneeze followed by another good sneeze. This phone has many nice features and I am only going to touch on a few of them.

The first is that is looks like a RAZR and smells like a RAZR but it is definetly not a RAZR. The A900 is solid. It feels good to hold on to and I have not dropped it once (and that is saying a lot). It has a nice bright screen, good sound and an easy to navigate menu system.

It has a 1.3mp camera and the lens actually rotates so you can take those upside down self portaits that you have always wanted to take. Example 1: Does not exist because I put a password in wrong and now I cannot change it in order to send myself the picture to my e-mail. Nice feature...not.

The A900 also has a color screen on the outside so you can see the time, music that is playing, coverage and battery life. Along with the color screen on the outside are the forward, back and pause/play button for the music you are listening too. Works fine but you really need the USB headphones to get the full range. The onbaord speakers are ok but at the same time...they suck.

Live TV is also an option on this A900 POWER Vision phone. It does not take much time to get to the option but it will cost you $9.99 a month to watch TV. It will cost you $2999.99 to fix the large dent in your car from where you hit the tree. It gets expensive but...oh the quality!

You can import your own music or you can choose the option to order music from Sprints site. At $2.50 a song all I can say is "What a steal!" No I mean really, they are ripping you off. $2.fitty a song? You know how many Zagnuts that will buy? No? Me neither. I as hoping you would know. The speed of the download is ok and you do have the option of downloading the song to your PC. So if you are made of money (or have it on loan from Sprint and they are paying for it) go ahead and splurge.

There is also a menu funtion called OnDemand which gives you all the information relative to the zip code you are in. Sports, weather, maps, movies, TV Guide and even the dictionary. Wow...I can't remember the last time I needed a dictionary while I was tooling around St. Paul. Glad it is at my fingertips now. Just in case I need to speel somthing rite.

Overall I do like the A900 cell phone. I wish I could keep it and I really wish Sprint would pay for it forever. That would be darn nice of them. Maybe if they read this blog? Pipe dream! It sells for $349.99 but with all the contracts and other garbage it sells for $199.99. Oh ya, plus $9.99/month for the TV, $2.50 per song, $14.99/month for the online access and I am sure there are some other monthlies that can be thrown in that I have yet to discover.

BUY IT!! Live the online revolution in your car, ignore your family and lose your job all to watch live TV on a 1" x 2" screen. Ahhh, technology!

No comments: