Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Review: Air Tran Airways

I flew ATA from Sarasota to Mpls last Friday the 14th of April. This was the best and worst flight I think I have been on.

The best because from Sarasota, FL to Chicago I was on a brand new plane. It was very comfortable and every seat had XM Radio. The crew was very responsive, young and really a breath of fresh air. From Chicago to Minneapolis I was on one of their older planes, but again, a fresh crew, XM in all the seats and just an overall great experience.

The worst was the turbulence in and out of Chicago. I will never blame this on an airline. I have never been thrown around that much on any flight. Even one of the attendants mentioned she had never been on a flight so rough. There are always different reactions from the passengers on these kinds of flights. I was annoyed, some people had quick screams and then the two girls (12 and 9) sitting behind me laughed like they were on a roller coaster. I even heard one say "Wow, that was a good one". All I could do was smile...until my head bashed into the window again.

No comments: