Sunday, March 05, 2006

Gophers and Bulldogs, Game 2

That is all she wrote, the fat lady has sung, the cow has left the barn, and Elvis, has indeed, left the building. He followed the Bulldogs out as they went back to Duluth with a 2-0 loss in Saturdays game against the Gophers. I do not envy the Bulldogs because now they start the WCHA playoffs in Denver and the Gophers host Alaska Anchorage.

Potulny got another 2 points tonight. He scored the game winning goal and an open net goal at the end of the game. He ended up 7 points shy of NCAA leader Scott Parse of UNO with 54 points on the season. The only difference is that 31 of those points...are goals. 23 are assists. Parse had 20 goals 41 assists. So Potulny does lead the NCAA's in goals over Brett Sterling from CC. Can you say Hobey Baker? I knew you could. I hope he wins it. He is having a great season.

Next Friday night it is the Sea Wolves and the Gophers at Mariucci. I am not going (so far) but I will be watching. This is the best of 3 but I don't think MN will need more than 2 to put the Sea Wolves away!

Go Gophers!!

No comments: