Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hillary...You have to be kidding me...

I watched a live CNN broadcast today of Hillary stumping to a women’s group in Pennsylvania. I only caught bits and pieces of her royal thighness but one item was very interesting.

Hillary was talking about college debt and what she would do to eradicate it. We don't want our college graduates to come out of school with debt. No, that would be...well...what nearly every college graduate has ever done.

So, Hillary's solution. Ready for this? Community Service. You gather up huge amounts of loans, hopefully graduate with a decent GPA and then to pay it off you can clean up garbage from interstate ditches for 2 years. Insanity has completely set in.

I don't know about you, but I do know there are a lot of medical students that rack up $40k, $50 up to $100k in school loans. It takes them quite a while to pay them off but they eventually do it. I imagine that our more talented doctors would quite enjoy scraping deer carcassas and raccoons off our rural side roads. Maybe to keep in practice they can perform an autopsy or two.

Look, Hillary, I know you are reading this. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and come up with a real plan. In fact, you don't need a plan. For many years these kids have racked up these school loans. The honest ones pay them back and the less than virtuous do not. Let the banks take care of it and let their credit rating suffer. I am not sure why I and every other Joe taxpayer should have to bail their lazy butts out. The smart kids defer the payments until they die and then leave the burden to their kids anyway. I wish I could do that with my mortgage.

Oh, and one more thing. You spouting off about pulling the troops within 60 days of you being in office. Dumb. That Iranian bastard leader is sitting over there maniacally laughing and building up his troops on the border of Iraq. He adds a few more thousand every time you and Obama Bin Laden talk about withdrawing the troops from Iraq. When we get out, he goes in. You want complete instability in the Middle East and gas prices that equal one arm and one leg per gallon? Then pull the troops.

No comments: