Monday, June 05, 2006

Movie Review: Over the Hedge

My 2 1/2 year old and I went to see Over the Hedge this weekend. It was a wonderful movie with all the cute cuddly creatures you could possibly want. There is plenty of humor for the adults and enough low level (burping) jokes for the kids.
The kid quotient (for me anyway) was about 4 out of 5. He asked to leave about 1/2 way through the movie. So I threw him in my lap and gave him some popcorn and nay a peep was heard from there on out (until he bonked his head on the chair next to me. Crying ensued but the credits were rolling so...who cares).
The bear in the movie (Nick Nolte) can be a little bit scary but isn't Nick Nolte scary in real life too? One shocker for me was Avril Lavigne playing "Heather" the daughter possum. I did not expect that. She did pretty good I thought. She brought some of that teen angst to the role of "daughter possum" but it was toned down so very bearable.
The movie is only 1 1/2 hours so most kids can sit through it (minus potty breaks and the occasional sour patch kid melt down). So bring anyone you know and enjoy the movie. It really is fun for all. Plus, if you are in a bad mood walking into the theatre, that nutty squirrel will pick you right up. He is hilarious.

No comments: